Clemloves

A little bit of everything

Thursday 7 May 2015

Homemade Dairy, Wheat and Gluten Free Jam Tarts






Udi's Pastry Mix is very easy to use and you can use it in so many different recipes. I decided to make these delicious jam tarts using Udi's Pastry Mix. They really are very yummy. I was so excited when I found out that Udi's do a pastry mix, as it is something I have been on the hunt for, for a long time. I love how this is an all purpose pastry mix, so you can use it in so many different pastry recipes. 

The pastry mix contains - 
  • Brown Rice Flour, 
  • Potato Starch, 
  • Tapioca Starch, 
  • Sugar, Salt, 
  • Thickener (Xanthan Gum)


The pastry mix by Udi's is dairy, wheat and gluten free and here is how I made these delicious jam tarts: 

I decided to only use half the packet of pastry mix so I would have plenty left over for other recipes. I then added 1 egg to the mix, about half a cup of butter and a little water. Next I mixed everything together then put it in to the fridge for about 25 minutes to cool. I then got a cup and used it to make circle shapes for the jam tarts, after doing this I then popped them on to a baking tray and put some homemade jam in to the middle of each one. I left them in the oven for about 25 minutes. 

I love how quick and easy it is to use the pastry mix and I am very happy with the outcome of these. I definitely plan on making more of these jam tarts. The mixture made 9, but I did make mine quite thick, so the mixture could have made more. I decided to use the mixture to make jam tarts because I do have a bit of a sweet tooth and these are great to have as a snack or even put in your lunch box. I am really looking forward to using the rest of the pastry mix in another recipe.

You can buy Udi's Pastry Mix from Tesco. You can also view the full range over at Udi's website

Check out my previous posts using Udi's Sponge Cake Mix and Udi's chocolate Brownie Mix.  


Share:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig