Clemloves

A little bit of everything

Tuesday 14 July 2015

Worrying About The Little Things

kaboompics.com_Sea
Hi, I am a worrier...

I worry about the smallest things. I get so worked up and then it just keeps building up and up. 
I have recently been trying to find different ways so that I can help my worrying. I suffer from anxiety and like worrying I panic about the smallest of things which in return makes in to a much bigger problem. I am someone who always thinks up lots of different multiple scenarios on what could happen. It is extremely exhausting, but its just how I am. I get so stressed about being stressed which makes me even more stressed!

Below are a few ways that help my worrying, (Which definitely can be easier said than done.) but I wanted to share those few things with you, so that we are able to help out each other. As my blog is a place where I love to write about everything that I love, I also like to write about things that effect so many people and myself. I want this to be a post where we can help each other and give each other tips and advice. Recently when I have been waking every morning the last few weeks, I just come over all panicky and sweating and I really hate it. I posted about this on Twitter and I really appreciate some of the tips and advice some of you gave me, it has really helped. 


The reason why I have chosen to include the photo of a beach above is because I feel so much calmer when I am at the seaside and also just thinking about the beach helps. I suppose you could say that it is one of my safe places that just helps me to feel that little bit better. Just by looking at the photo, I am imaging sunshine, ice-cream, sand castles, Picnics  being with family, the sound of the waves and the feel of the sand beneath my feet as the sea goes over them. 

Reading
I wake up a lot in the night because of worrying. Im a huge book lover and I find that reading before I go to bed really helps me get a better nights sleep. I am obsessed with books, I love the look of them, the pages, the smell (Yep I love the smell of a new book!) I am currently reading Inkspell by Cornelia Funke (the second book in the Inkheart trilogy.) Just before I go to bed I sit so I'm comfy and start to read. Being transported to another world, picturing everything that is happening within the book really helps me to relax, I am able to forget about all of my problems and be mesmerised by the words on each page. After I have read a few pages and lay in bed, my mind focuses on the characters in the book and before I know it I have drifted off to sleep. Just by reading some of the book I find I am able to have a better nights sleep. Reading enables me not think about the problems I was thinking about throughout the day. This is something I enjoy doing and I find that it can help. I have recently bought myself some books on how to help with worrying, I am really looking forward to reading them.

Being around family

I love my family so much, and I am so much happier when I am around them. If  I am feeling a little down I find there is nothing worse that being on your own. Sometimes it is nice to be able to have some me time, but I much prefer it being around family. Also being around friends helps so much. My friend and I have recently started going swimming and we also make time to either go to the cinema or go shopping. Just little things like that, that can make a huge difference. 

Picnics 

I wanted to add this one in because it is something I personally love to do. My mum and I like to go to Sandringham Woods to have a picnic there. It is beautiful there. If your lucky you will even get to see some deer. I love watching all of the birds coming down to grab a piece of bread and watching the squirrels running about. I love going out for the day, taking a picnic and just spending the day relaxing. It's just something that I love to do. 

Blogging

I love blogging and I have always loved writing and taking photos since I was little. This really helps when I am having a bad day. I love being able to just turn on my laptop, sit comfy and write some new blog posts and take photos. It just takes my mind off everything else. Like right now while I am writing this blog post, although I am writing about how I have been feeling, It's really nice to be able to just put it in writing and share my thoughts and feelings as I do tend to bottle things up quite a lot. 

Social Media

Although sometimes social media can actually make us feel worse, I'm going to talk about the things within social media that make me happy. Such as making new friends and talking to all my friends on Twitter. I love joining in with twitter chats. My favourite ones are #lbloggers #ltbloggers #fblchat and #gbloggers. I love being able to join in with them and chat to everyone. Everyone is always so friendly and makes me feel so much better. I love being able to check out and read other peoples blogs. At the end of a chat I always ask people to send me their links.

Cooking/Baking

You may have seen that recently I have been doing a lot more recipe blog posts. I love cooking and I feel so relaxed when doing it, even if sometimes I do make a mess or something doesn't go right. I get so involved with what I'm making that all I am focused on is making something that tastes delicious.

Going for long walks

I love going for long walks, sometimes I go with my mum and sometimes I go on my own. But when walking, I tend forget about the things that I am worrying about and I start to take notice of whats around me. For example, the birds flying above, tweeting and whistling, the sound of traffic in the distance and the scenery around me. Sometimes it is so easy to not notice the beautiful things in life, so its nice to be able to take time out to see all of the beautiful things out there. I also like to look at nature outside, this makes me happy. I could watch the birds outside all day.

I know that this post is a little different to my usual posts, but it feels so good to be able to share with how I have been feeling. I know most of time the things I am worrying about, are not worth worrying about but it's so hard to tell myself that. 

Please let me know in the comment section your tips for being in control of worrying. Also please leave your blog links below, I can't wait to check them out and read your blog posts. I would also love to know what books you are reading at the moment.


Lots Of Love

Share:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig